Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The greatest show on earth??

On Saturday we went to the circus!! As a child I always wanted to be a tight rope walker! (I know a circus performer is only one step up from a carny!) So to vicariously live my dream I insisted we go! We somehow managed to get front row seats!! My only complaint is that the cotton candy (which I LOVE!) was $12.00 yes twelve dollars; no, I did not confuse the decimals!! Highway robbery!! So unfortunately, I did not get any. James was in awe at how many parents would pay the exorbitant prices for circus junk. I watched longingly at the tight rope walkers dreaming of the day I could perform, Dorothy danced to the music and kept asking "what is that smell?" every time the elephants came out, and Preston sat watched the show and then fell asleep. I guess the three rings of entertainment were not enough for a 6 month old! All in all we had a wonderful time but I still want my cotton candy!



















"Mommy what is that smell?"


























"Here take a picture for your souvenir"

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

I can't even believe they charged $12 for cotton candy. Where are the good old days? I am glad you had fun, wish we were there to go with you!

The Clark Family said...

Oh, and by the way, you seriously wanted to be a tight rope walker? That is hilarious!