Sunday, October 7, 2007

A fall festival!

Saturday we bolted in between sessions of conference to a fall festival! It was only a few miles down the street so it made for the perfect break! It was at an old farm right in Denver that is still working! They had a million things to do... you could ride a carriage, go on a hay ride, play in a pumpkin patch, there were lots of childrens games and crafts to do, you could pan for gold, meet mountain men, make your own scarecrow, and of course there was lots of yummy food!!!
We played around in the pumpkin patch, panned for gold, "walked"on stilts, met some mountain men, raced in potato sacks, and ate! They had real carmel apples that they dipped right in front of you! We also enjoyed fresh apple cider!! We had a really good time and even made it back in time for the 2:00 session!!


Potato sack race!
























Trying to walk on stilts!


Panning for gold (We found some - fools gold, that is.)

























Pumpkin patch play!!

















5 comments:

Jamie said...

That fall festival sounds so fun!! I want to take Will to that huge pumpkin patch! Will you let me know where it is. You can let me know on my blog!(or call me!) Your family is darling I don't think you guys ever take a bad picture!

Jamie

AcctSuit said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! I am jealous that you still have nice weather there. And Mrs. you are so skinny!
-Jessica

Heather Capener said...

I love fall, I don't know if I already said that in an earlier comment, but I really do. Today was perfect, cool outside, the sun shining brightly so not too cold. We threw the football around in the backyard so nice.
And I love the pumpkin patch, so cute the kids with the pumpkins. We have our own in from of our house. We should probably get to carving the rest of them.
What a fun festival and what a season to celebrate! Best time of year!!

The Clark Family said...

I am so jealous, I love fall and all of the activities that go along with it. And you guys are wearing sweaters while mine are packed away somewhere! Today I went to the pool, such a different activity than during the summer!

The Johnstun Family said...

Holy smokes. look at that pizza. Oh yeah and you two and the kids are cute too. Jen is a little jealous that we can't take pictures that good. Hey what is it like to have seasons again?