Monday, October 22, 2007

First winter storm!!!

This is absolutely crazy!!!! On Saturday it was a wonderful day in the mid 70's!! Perfect day, in fact I snapped a few pictures of the kids in front of our house. Oddly enough, I also snapped a picture of the tree in front of our house. I thought it was weird that none of the leaves on this particular tree were changing when all the other ones in the neighborhood were!!! Luckily too, because it makes for a great before and after shot!! The next morning, I woke up after only 3 hours of sleep (thanks Heidi, and Kelly for recommending Twilight; I finished the second book today!) to a winter wonderland!! I absolutely love the first snow storm of the season, but I was, well.... anticipating one in mid-November! We dressed as warm as we could for church and left a half hour early. I was worried about all those idiots that still think they can drive the same when the roads are horrible!! Today, it almost all melted so I guess our snow storm was short lived!!!

Hanging out in the warm weather!!















Before and after shots!










































Burr it's sooooo cold!!!

7 comments:

Heather Capener said...

I love the snowy tree picture, that looks awesome. Little winter wonderland. It get less wonderful as the winter goes on though : ) I love how quite and peaceful everything seems at night when it is snowing, but I'm not the biggest fan of the brrrrr.

The Clark Family said...

That is amazing, I really love the tree picture as well! That scarecrow didn't look that he fared too well in the storm! Your kids are so cute, we miss you guys!

The Clark Family said...

Okay, my comment didn't even make sense! I meant to write "like" not "that." Who cares about punctuation, at least you can understand what you are trying to say!

Jamie said...

Wasn't that snow crazy. We had to leave for church super early and Marcus drove sooo slow! Sad I missed out on your museum trip. Let me know when you guys go again I would love to go!! And I am getting ready for another GNO!!

AcctSuit said...

I do love the first snowfall, everything looks so clean and beautiful. I just hate it when it turns to mucky dirty slush!
--Jessica

sara cardon said...

Hi Tricia!! I love checking your blog--you always have such cute pictures and stories. The blog about the children's museum you went to, looks just like a museum here in Philly called the Please Touch Museum. Funny. Your kids are darling!! I sent you an invitation to view our blog too.:)
Your cousin, Sara Morris Cardon

The Johnstun Family said...

Oh my gosh it looks so cold. Shaylee said she wishes she lived there. Your kids look like they love it.