Saturday, October 31, 2009

It was a blustery, snowy, and downright COLD day!

Wow! It's still October and we just got hit with a doozie! It snowed for 2 days straight! School was cancelled for Dorothy and James so we stayed inside packed up a little, and made homemade marshmallows!
Dorothy 'trying' to measure the snow!


James getting the total of.... 19 inches!!!
(and it kept snowing ALL DAY!)

Measuring Violet against the snow to see what is taller!

Making homemade marshmallows!

Sipping our hot coco with our homemade marshmallows!

The fruits of our labor!

We even made some pumpkin marshmallows
(which I am thinking of dipping in chocolate!)

Is there anything better on a blustery, snowy, and downright COLD day?

5 comments:

Megan and TJ said...

Such a fun way to spend the day! I love the pumpkins, especially the Violet June Pants!

Shannon said...

Homemade marshmallows!!! How fun! My kids would LOVE that! You have such a cute family!

Stephanie Black said...

That looks like a TON of snow. I wish we had some to play in. It looks fun. So I've never heard of homemade marshmallows, but if there's anything that can be made, it's you that can do it. Very cool!
Yes, we totally missed you on our Girls Weekend. I wish you weren't moving so soon! Trip to Hawaii sounds perfect though! You are for sure invited!

Elise said...

WOW!! That is a ton of snow. I bet that made for some tricky trick or treating.

sara cardon said...

Oh my word!! I hope that stuff doesn't come East anytime soon. Crazy!! I think your marshmallows sound delicious though, so I guess if we do get snow now I have a great excuse to make a new yummy treat. You need a recipe blog!! The pumpkin soup, the marshmallows, the caramel apples...