Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin fun!

The annual "Thomas carve-a-thon" convened this week. It was re-scheduled from Monday night to Tuesday because I (Tricia) was under the weather! The kids got to pick their designs and James with his meticulous dental hands was able to create a few masterpieces!!!
Violet June pumpkin pants!

Preston who watched James carve the pumpkin yelling
"Buzz pumfkin!"
Dorothy supervising Mommy!

Preston with Buzz!

Violet playing on her pumpkin!


Dorothy proudly hugging her pumpkin!

Preston chose Buzz Lightyear!

Dorothy choose Ariel...of course!

Violet's carriage from Cinderella (Dorothy picked this one for her!)

Buzz, the carriage from Cinderella, and Ariel!

For dinner I made pumpkin soup from scratch using the leftovers from scraping out the pumpkins!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Impressive! What cute pumpkins!! And that soup looks delicious!! Oh...and I LOVE the Halloween plates!

Heather said...

Yeah, I'm totally impressed too! Not only with the carving, but actually cooking with the guts...I'm such not a good little homemaker! Good job Tricia!

Joan Morris said...

those are the cutest pumpkins I've ever seen! Wow, you guys have talent!

Meg said...

That first pic of Vi looks just like Kas did at that age. Wow what a cute idea to have the cutest little thing in a pumpkin! Such a fun activity! Lots of Love!

Shonna said...

Wow, those are pretty amazing. And I'm especially impressed at your cooking ability from actual fresh pumpkin.

The Staker Family said...

I am flattered that you would say I am amazing, because I am always amazed with the fun things that you come up with! You are such a great mom!

Stephanie Black said...

I love your pumpkins. Sadly we haven't gotten around to even carving this year. The cutest is Violet inside the pumpkin. I love it!

BTW - you missed out on our GNO weekend and we really wanted you to be with us! It was fun! Looks like you have the countdown to graduation and moving. Fun, but sad since I won't get over there before you move again.

Kay Hinton said...

Wow! Great work! The soup looks delicious and you even have Halloween plates! Happy Halloween!

Kelly M said...

Cute Violet in the pumpkin! I second Joan, you guys really have some serious talent!

James said...

kja;e