Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm Sew Happy!

I finally finished them... I have been working on a quilt for Dorothy's bed as well as for our family room for months (literally I have been procrastinating since September) and I finally finished them!! I ordered a bunch of fabric (new projects) yesterday and promised myself that I would finish those two quilts before the new fabric arrives. I 'humbly' want to admit that I am actually really impressed with my handi-work! I made Dorothy's quilt from my favorite fabric designer Amy Butler and the family room quilt from Moda's new line: Shangri-La 3 sisters. Hopefully I can finish my new projects a little sooner???!!!!

Family room quilt!! (I should mention James helped me design this)

From blocks to strips....



to this!! Ta Da!!

10 comments:

ambercarlson said...

Are you kidding me?? I am dying! Can you teach me?? Please?? I'm serious!

Heidi Bitsch said...

Very cute Tricia!

Krista said...

very cute and great job on sewing quilts! I want to do that one day.

The Sampietro's said...

They are so cute! How did you learn to quilt? Hey, by any chance do you know a Marc Crane? He is a Orthodontist in Colorado, somewhere.

sara cardon said...

Ooh!! I love, love, love the colors you matched in Dorothy's quilt. You have such a good eye for color. Love them!!

Heather Capener said...

Mrs, those quilts looks beautiful. What I am wondering is when do I get mine? Just kidding. They are so cute. I really love them both, but the family room what is really neat. I love all the different fabrics and they go so well together. I don't think working on the quilts since September is too long. I have quilting projects that I have been "working" on for years. I'm such a slacker! Anyway, now that this post is too long, I love your quilts!
Can I bee done with school so we can just get together and have little project weeks?! =)

Jessica said...

Wow, those are really cute! Did James fix Dorothy's necklace? If not I'll have to get her a new one!

The Clark Family said...

Okay, why did you have to move right when I got my sewing machine! I mostly wanted it for scrapbooking but looking at those quilts makes me want to do that too. Not that I will be able to do it but it is really cool!

Joan Morris said...

Tricia, you are following in your Mom's footsteps. She was also a very "sew happy" seamstress. I'm sure she doesn't have time for that stuff these days. I'm so proud of you. Those quilts are beautiful!

Laura said...

Wow! Those are awesome. You are so inspirational.