Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Under the sea with Dorothy!!

Dorothy had her birthday party. It was themed around her favorite mermaid (of the week) Ariel! She originally wanted it at Chuck E. Cheese's (why do kids love that rat?), but I persuaded her to have it here where we would decorate the house to make it look like we were under the sea! She had lots of her friends there and as usual I went all out and made way too much food!! I love to throw parties so I ended up having as much fun as Dorothy did!!!! Dorothy's comment to me this morning was "Mama next week can I have a Sleeping Beauty party?" She has already started planning next year's party!!!!

Pinata fun!!

Dorothy's Ariel cake

Blowing out the candles....
After which Dorothy asked if she could eat a piece of Ariel's "Shells!"

After getting into everyone's food, Grabby Fingers spent
the rest of the party here!!

Opening presents!

Playing with the presents

Sebastian and Flounder: my balloon creations!

Pictures of the decorations!!

10 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Tricia, I remember when you LOVED to go to Chuck E Cheese for your birthday parties! Looks like you had such a fun Ariel party. I loved the birthday cake. What a cute idea to have cupcakes for the hair.

Heather Capener said...

Mrs, that is one amazing looking party!! Creative Parties does it again! You are so talented!

Krista said...

Wow! Can you come and decorate my house for a b-day party? I love all of the balloons. I hope you had help blowing those up or maybe they are all helium. :) You are super creative and I love that you are such a party person.

The Sampietro's said...

I LOVE THE CAKE!!! Did you make that up?? It has been good hearing form you.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

You are amazing! I love that cake. I;m going to have to step it up for Austin's B-day this year.

Whitney said...

Yeah! That cake was AMAZING! Holy cow. How bout you come down to Provo and we can throw some awesome parties together. sounds good to me...

Jamie said...

Thanks again for inviting us to a great party. Just looking at all the work you put into that party made me tired. Will loved every minute of it so thanks again!

The Clark Family said...

Sounds and looks like a great party! But it would be of course! Tell little Dorothy McKenna is so sad she missed her party but had a great time looking at the pictures!

ambercarlson said...

Tricia!! Thanks for such a fun party..Brooklyn has not stopped talking about it all week! This week has gone by so quick! I want to get together!! We may go skiing this weekend, but I'll call you! A

sara cardon said...

Holy Smokes!! Is it hard being the next Martha Stewart?? You'll have to let us all know your secrets to fantastic birthday parties!!