Sunday, September 20, 2009

Three lakes hike!

After staying the night in Estes park, we headed to Rocky Mtn National park. We decided to do the three lakes hike because it was 'easy' only being about 5 miles!! We had fun hiking up with all the commentary from fellow hikers calling us CRAZY for hauling up two kids! We hiked up and had a picnic and then headed back home... the kids were out like a light!! My legs were only sore for a day or two!

It was so beautiful!!

Hauling up kid #1

James and Preston after lunch!

Dorothy who had to go see the lake and came back with a wet foot OOPS!!

The leaves were already starting to change!

Dorothy insisted I take this picture for the blog

The girls on the hike!

Hikers get ready for those stairs!!! (This was just the beginning!)

3 comments:

Stephanie Black said...

You are brave people! I would not attempt that with my kids, but your kids must be much better than mine! :) It does look so pretty, looks like a place we'd love to visit as well. Rocky Mtn Ntl Park is on the list...just not that hike!
Violet looks like she's getting quite big. I can't believe she's already growing up that fast. Cute!

Elise said...

So pretty!! We took our kids on a hike this summer and it was only about 1 1/2 miles, you guys ARE brave. My kids thought they were going to die.

Tom said...

Hey, I just happened on here and I am like TOTALLY impressed! Way to go James and Tricia!! Your kids will forget what they saw on TV in an hour, but these are the kinds of things that will influence them for a lifetime. You guys can come hiking and camping with Ms. Joan and me anytime!
Uncle "Mountain Man" Tom