Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I always wondered why they called it the swine flu.

Tricia and two of the kids have the dreaded H1N1 virus also known as the swine flu and I luckily get to play Mister Mom and take care of the troops. I have been getting OJ refills on the hour, medicine, making smoothies, and of course, chicken noodle soup. The one thing that worries me is they are looking more and more like pigs since being diagnosed with swine flu earlier today!



Dorothy with a temp of 104 was not in the mood for a "pig" picture.

When Dorothy got tested, they placed a cotton swab up her nose. She didn't like that one bit. She was crying afterward and telling me that it hurt. I told her that it didn't hurt and that she didn't like it because it felt funny. She turned to me with a stern look on her face and said, "You try it!" The doctor down the hall overheard her and started laughing.

16 comments:

Heather said...

Killer, you guys! But at least you can see the positive in the situation...or the humor...because I'm pretty sure there's nothing positive about having swine flu. Know I'm sending my love over the internet, because I'm going to avoid you for a little while...nothing personal, of course!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Dorothy looks miserable. The poor girl. I hope you guys get better soon. That is scary!

Shannon said...

Oh man!! I hope you guys feel better soon! I know exactly what you're going through. Where in the world did we get it????

Megan and TJ said...

I hope you all start to feel better. No fun to be sick!

Shauna said...

oh man that sucks! the piggy pics are too funny though (only you would think of that! ha ha)

sara cardon said...

Oh no!!! Jonathan had that earlier this summer, but luckily the 3 of us were spared somehow. I'll cross my fingers James and Violet have the same luck!! Bring on the vaccination!!

Joan Morris said...

So sorry to hear you're sick :(
Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm glad James is there to take care of everyone (and make you feel ridiculous taking pig pictures;)

Kathy Rose said...

I'm sorry that most of you are sick and I hope you get feeling better REALLY soon. But...those pictures made me laugh. They're hilarious! So cute!

Niki said...

You guys are hilarious! I love it. Hope you all get well soon!

Heidi Bitsch said...

Dorothy doesn't look pleased at all about making a pig face. Hilarious pictures though.

Stephanie Black said...

Ok, that post is so funny to read, but I feel so bad for all of you guys! Poor Dorothy, she does not look like she's feeling well. I hope everyone feels better soon. Thanks for making the H1N1 so entertaining! :)

Stefanie said...

Your fam is a good sport, I would have not been so complying if Kev wanted to take a pig picture while I had the flu! Hope you all feel better soon!

Jessica said...

Hilarious!! I have a feeling this was not James' idea to take these pics. Poor little Dorothy though.
--Jessica

Kristen Mackrory said...

How clever! I love the pictures. I'm sorry to hear that you are sick though. How miserable. I hope you all get better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hehe, cool pics. Hope you all get well soon.

Shonna said...

That's awful news. That last comment about Dorothy saying "you try it" is pretty comical. Poor thing, I'm sure it's not fun.