Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A is for Apple Day!!!

Today was 'Apple Day' at Dorothy's school. She has been talking non-stop about apple day all week. Her assignment was to bring her favorite apple (red, green or yellow) to school. She chose yellow. There are a few rules about apple day that I am sure most of you are un-familiar with so I will share them with you...
1. You must wear an apple outfit to apple day, so if your Mom sets out something else throw a fit until you can wear your apple outfit.
2. If you have any siblings, they must also wear an apple outfit. If they do not have one, a red outfit may be substituted.
3. Make Mom take pictures of your apple on apple day...
4. Talk incessantly about apple day until the actual event!!

These are just a few of the rules! The number one rule I learned was to buy many apples so that when little brother decides to snack on one of the said apples you have a back-up!!!

Happy Apple Day!!!

Preston and Dorothy with the apples!

Trying to decide on which apple to take!

Preston who decided during the photo-shoot to eat an apple!!!!

8 comments:

sara cardon said...

Cute post!! I need an apple day here in Pennsylvania...I'll have to remember those unwritten rules to make it successful.:)

Jeff and Krishawn said...

I just loved the picture of Dorothy looking at the apples. I could imagine her saying...eenie meenie miney mo. I'm sure it was such a hard decision for her. I can't believe how big the kids are. Dorothy is cute as always. We miss you guys!

Kay Hinton said...

Nice job, at following the rules, Mom! It looks to me like you're ready for B is for Bonkers day!!!

Megan and TJ said...

So at Young Womens last night Dorthy told me all about Apple day. You could tell that she was still super excited about the event. Super cute kids you have!

Joan Morris said...

Apple Day looks pretty fun to me. I don't blame Dorothy for being super excited. It's a good thing you had a few back up apples. YUM.

Jessica said...

Preston looks so cute in the last picture, I can't believe how big his eyes are!
--Jessica

Pilar said...

she looks very cute in her apple outfit.

Anonymous said...

Sooo funny! Our kids are learning about 'c' for carrot this week...I'm in serious trouble if they have a carrot day because we are short on carrot outfits 'round these parts!:) Your kids are such cuties! How are you feeling, anyway?!