Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dorothy's first talk!

Well, it's official. Dorothy is a big girl now!! She gave her first talk on Sunday. Here it is...

We live in a world where it is important to heed and follow the Prophet. To heed means to listen, and to follow means to obey. In the Primary song "Follow the Prophet" it says...
"Now we have a world where people are confused, if you don't believe it, go and watch the news. We can get direction all along our way. If we heed the Prophet's follow what they say."
During April conference we sustained a new Prophet "Thomas S. Monson" He encouraged us to do many good things. In my family we have chosen to follow the Prophet by:
attending church
having family home evening
saying family prayers
and
reading our scriptures.
By following the words of the Prophets our family has been blessed.

She was so cute when she gave her talk she grabbed the microphone and talked loudly and slowly into it (just like we practiced all week!) and held up all the pictures at the right time. We are so proud of her!! Daddy couldn't believe he had a big girl giving a talk in Primary. I might add that as soon as she finished she said "Mommy I want to do it again!"




7 comments:

Joan Morris said...

What a great talk. I can't believe she's old enough to be doing talks in Primary. Dorothy is a lucky little girl to have such a great Mom help her write such a beautiful talk.

brandya said...

She did a great job!! She was so confidant and spoke so clearly. I loved how Emery and Dorothy kept saying to each other, "We are big girls!" Great job Dorothy! I am so proud of you!!

Heather Capener said...

I wish I could have seen that! I bet it was wonderful, maybe you should have vidoed it. Ok, maybe too tacky, but the rest of us would have loved it. What a big girl!!!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I can't believe she did it all by herself. She's always been so articulate.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Oh no, she did not say that by herself. I am realistic and know my child is not a prodigy!! She repeated after me!!!

The Clark Family said...

Good job Dorothy! Crazy our kids are in primary doing this stuff, huh?

Michelle said...

What a cute story! She is absolutely adorable; I love the pictures.