Sunday, February 17, 2008

You melt my heart!

For V-day this year, I wanted to do something special for James... I was not sweet enough to book one of the babysitters in our ward (oops) so I made dinner at home! Since melting pot is our fav place to eat, I brought it here! I purchased a fondue pot and made cheese fondue complete with bread and apples to dip it in. Then we had steak, shrimp, chicken, and salmon for the main course. Followed by a chocolate fondue for dessert with strawberries, marshmallows, and rice crispy treats to dip! It was really fun and actually turned out edible (sorry no v-day poisonings)!!!!




3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

I love Preston's face as he is looking at that strawberry! What a fun idea. We have a fondue pot but we have only used it once. I should be more creative, like you! I do have to say that although I love shrimp, I think they are so gross looking when they are raw that I don't think I could use them!

sara cardon said...

That is such a fun Valentine's Day!! I've only been to Melting Pot once, and I've wanted a fondue pot ever since. Yum Yum!!

Jessica said...

Wow, looks like you have a fun Valentine's Day - and of course you go all out for it! I guess that's what happens when you work at a party store for a few years!