Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I love you! I love you! I love you! I do..... But don't get excited... I love monkeys too!!!

For valentine's day this year, I made my three monkey's... monkey quilts!! I must confess these quilts were the hardest that I have ever sewn... I challenged myself, but I had fun doing it!! I used a bunch of fabric from the Moda line Monkey 'N Around. I am absolutely head over heels in love with these fabrics!! I started out only making a quilt for James and just had to make two more!! The good news is that I have enough fabric to make myself a diaper bag with the leftovers!! So keep checking back to see my latest creations!!!

From fabric...

To strips...

To pieces...

To quilts!!!
Preston's with the green monkey's on the back!

Dorothy's with the pink monkey's on back!

James' with the orange monkey's on back!!
Full view of James quilt I just loved how it turned out!!

All 'wrapped' up for valentine's day!!

Three presents for my three monkeys!!!

7 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Happy V day! And I love the quilts, they are all darling!

Heather Capener said...

Looks like a great Valentine's for the Thomas clan! Love the quilts, beautiful! You are impressive!

ambercarlson said...

You are so talented! Wow! These are so cute! I love them! A

sara cardon said...

Wow. I am TOTALLY impressed with your sewing skills!! Those quilts are adorable and your fabric choices once again match so perfectly. You should have a side business!!

Joan Morris said...

Someday you'll have to teach me how to do that Tricia. Well done! Hope you had a happy Valentine's Day!

Jessica said...

Those are really cute quilts! I might need one for my b-day!!

The Johnstun Family said...

Hey when did you get so creative. I wish you could of taught me somethings before you left. I love your bag. Hey by the way I have to tell you we went swimming the other day. Ya know like old times.