Monday, August 25, 2008

Our wonderful trip to Russia!!

We are back!!!! It's wonderful to be home and to realize how much we as Americans have; we take so much for granted! It was an amazing trip!! We saw and did so many things, I won't bore you with the details. I will just tell you the best and worst of Russia...

The best... was definitely seeing my parents!!! I miss them so much!! But while over there, I saw how much they are needed. They are doing so much good! I fell in love with the saints over in Russia. They truly are beloved children of our Heavenly Father. They have so little and are willing to give it all if it will help build up the kingdom of God. I was inspired by them for they truly are modern day pioneers!! Although I often feel bad for myself for not having my Mom and Dad around on holidays ,I will gladly sacrifice a little of my time with them for those wonderful people!

The worst... was missing the kids! It was hard to leave them for that long! And maybe a really turbulent airplane ride where we had a 30 foot free-fall on our way from Novosibirsk to Irkutsk on a Russian made airplane!!


Jessica and I at our stop over in London!

Shopping at Harrods!!!!!

A shot of Vintage Russia!

Riding the underground in Novosibirsk!

The mission home! (they live on the 4th floor!)

President Mickelsen making fun of my pregnant tummy!!
(taken at 17 weeks)

Feeding the squirrels at squirrel park!

Beautiful Lake Baikal in Irkutsk!!
(interesting fact it holds 25% of the worlds surface fresh water)

Riding on the trans-Siberian railway!!!
(we rode from Irkutsk to Ulan-Ude for 7 hours!)

The wonderful members of Ulan-Ude!!
(they made those hats and ties for us!)

James and I at the Buddist temple in Ulan-Ude!

The amazing Hermitage standing in front of a Monet!!!

In St. Petersburg in front of the Church of the spilled blood!!

Swan Lake!
(there is nothing as beautiful as Russian ballet!)

7 comments:

Julie Nielsen said...

Wow! What an adventure. Welcome home! I'm sure you're happy to be with the kiddos again!

Joan Morris said...

Sounds like an amazing trip. I'm so glad you are home safe and sound. I'm sure your Mom and Dad are missing you but looking forward to Allison, Jon and Preston visiting. What a trip of a lifetime!

Heather Capener said...

Sounds like it was an amazing trip. I hope you guys had a good time and didn't spend all you money in one place(Harrods) =) Um, and since you've been gone for two weeks it means we haven't talked for that long plus!

The Staker Family said...

Man, I want Allan's and my parents to retire and start going on missions so we have an excuse to travel to amazing places like that! It looks like you had a lot of fun, what a great experience. BTW, if I didn't say so on your last post, congrats on the coming baby!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

What an awesome trip! It would be so hard to not be able to see your parents all the time. Love the pictures.

The Clark Family said...

What amazing pictures. I read a few books on the last Tsar and his family and since than have always been interested in Russia and its people. I think that such experiences as these also help to shape our thoughts about where we live and the blessings that are poured upon our people and what we do with it. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!

Anonymous said...

Well hello! I was leaving you a 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' comment on myspace, and saw your blog address! Yay! I'm new at this blogging stuff...how fun to read up and keep tabs on an old friend! Congrats on #3, by the way! How exciting! I'm so glad you are well and happy!:)