Saturday, August 2, 2008

GNO~ ends up Breaking Dawn!!!

The day finally arrived.... Breaking Dawn hit the shelves at midnight on August 2!!!! We were there, ready and equipped with t-shirts (compliments of Maria Ink.) and a brain full of useless facts from all three books (that would be used during the trivia games). A group of "crazy girls" got together dressed up and went out for dinner/dessert. We then went to the (Twilight Moms) social event of the year- the book party at the Tattered Cover. Some girls from our group were even chosen to play in "Forks family feud!" We were wild and crazy, laughed so hard we cried and stayed out till 'Dawn'!!! I guess that's what happens when a bunch of Mormon Moms go for a night out!!

Dressed and ready for the party!!!


Dinner and dessert

Maria and Laura playing 'family feud'
(sorry it's blurry I had a few too many Cokes to drink at this point!)

A close up of our amazing shirts!!

The "crazy girls!"

and... FINALLY it's ours to go home and read ALL NIGHT!!!!

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Lucky you! Sara also went to a Breaking Dawn party. How fun. I was at Walmart today hoping to buy a book and they were all sold out. Hopefully I'll be able to buy one sooner than later.

Jessica said...

I can't wait to get my copy but I'm going to have to wait until after Russia to start reading it. Looks like you had a great time and I love the shirts - so cute!!

sara cardon said...

Yea!! I did go to a party also but I didn't get the book yet. I'm afraid I have to wait for it from the library (there are 88 people on the hold list so far!), or wait until that darn loan money comes in.:) I'll live vicariously through you-- but don't give the ending away!!:)

Julie Nielsen said...

Looks like fun!!

By the way....I heard the news. Congrats!

Pilar said...

fun! and crazy.