Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A word about Veteran's Day...

I just wanted to say that I am grateful for Veteran's day... I know most people overlook this holiday, but I am so grateful for the men and women who have fought and died to give us these freedoms. Unfortunately, most Americans are too busy fighting about Bush and whether or not he should be impeached, to stop and think about the wonderful things that this land offers. We are so fortunate to live in a country where we can disagree with the President and not fear for our lives or our safety. I know in 2001 it was really cool to be Patriotic and American but lately I mostly hear how much this country stinks because of Bush. I think it is sad that we don't support our leaders more, even if we do disagree with them. But mostly I just think it is really sad that people on the media are calling our troops mercenaries and murderers. I support our troops and am so grateful there are brave men and women that will go and fight for this country. I love this nation and believe with all my heart that this is the Promised land. I believe that the Lord will help us in our battles and protect us as long as we are a righteous people just as in days of old. But part of being a righteous people is being grateful for all that we are given and we are given sooo much here in this amazing country. "Where much is given much is required" we need to stand up as Americans and thank our Heavenly Father for all of the freedoms and blessings we enjoy. We need to show Him we are thankful by teaching our children about all of the sacrifices that have been made in our behalf. We need to teach them to be model citizens to vote and volunteer and build up their communities, not tear them down. Most importantly, we need to teach them about our Heavenly Father and Savior. If we don't, the Lord will take these blessings away and give them to someone who will be appreciative. So next time you want to complain about this country, I challenge you to stop yourself and say something you love about it!

3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

This is a really great post, I love it! You know me, Mrs. Patriotic! But really, it is something that we hardly ever hear and it is a really important message. So thank you for the wonderful reminder!

Heather Capener said...

Dito!

Joan Morris said...

Excellent reminder Tricia! Thanks!