Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sleeping in Seattle!

Wow!! We spent Thanksgiving in Seattle and it was amazing!! I got there on Monday and spent Tuesday and Wednesday shopping. They have the first Nordstrom's there so... I had to help keep them in business!!! On Thursday, we had the traditional Thanksgiving day meal with all the fixings including our family tradition: sauerkraut! Then at midnight we went to the outlets to begin "black Friday" and it was CRAZY!!! After a few hours of sleep.. literally a few... We got up early and hit a few other stores including Anthropologie for the fifth time! That night we watched the sunset against the Seattle skyline and crashed. The next day we went to the space needle and ate brunch there. We also rode the monorail and visited Pike Place Market which is next to the first Starbucks!!! Adam scored some awesome tickets to the Seattle Sonics game and so James and Adam had their "guy time" after being drug around shopping all weekend!! We also visited the Science museum and Aquarium!! Seattle is such a great city with so many wonderful things to see and do!! Our week was filled with so much fun and good food it is hard to capture it all!! Thank you Jessica and Adam for hosting us and showing us such a good time!!


Our Dinner!!

















Our brunch on the space needle!







































Shopping Buddies!!



11 comments:

Brooke S said...

How fun to get outta town! Someday, we'll make it to Seattle... Sounds like a fun holiday. Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

Heather Capener said...

I think there are a few corrections that need to be made. There were three whole days shopping after I got there on Wednesday, so you must have put in four. And I don't think the boys know the meaning of being drug around shopping : ) Why didn't I get to go to the Sonics game. I was drug around too! : )
I loved it. Seattle was a really cool city and it was so much fun to be there with all of you. I love best friend reunifications, but I not going to lie, three girls who totally enable each other is kind of a bad combination. Tell Dorothy I need a picture from her to hang on my fridge and make that little baby make my favorite noise!
What a great Thanksgiving!!!

Joan Morris said...

Looks like you had a great time! How fun for you to get together with Jessica. I LOVE Seattle. It is a great place to visit.

AcctSuit said...

I'm so glad you guys came to visit us, we had a blast! Heathies, you can never have too many shopping days, you know what my 3 priorities are on vacation!! :)
I can't wait for Wicked!!! Hopefully we'll find a bigger apartment in Santa Monica but I wouldn't count on it. Oh well, we'll still have a great time and we'll have to go on a "Hills" tour of LA. I miss little those little naughties!!
--Jessica

sara cardon said...

Wow-- what a great week!! I do so love to shop, but I don't know that I could keep up with FOUR days of straight shopping. That would be the best vacation ever. Good thing your husband will be a fantastically wealthy endodontist.:) What a great way to spend Thanksgiving!!

Melanie said...

I love Seattle and, yes, the shopping is great. Dorothy was so cute with Santa; Ellie is deeply skeptical of the whole sitting on Santa's lap thing.

Did you know we're getting an Anthropologie in downtown Boise? BIG TIMES, baby.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I love your cute coats. We don't get to sport those in Florida although they sell them in all the stores (are they insane?). I have always wanted to go to Seattle. Looks like you had fun!

The Clark Family said...

What a fun trip you had! And all of that shopping! Dorothy and Preston are so big and cute! We miss you guys, McKenna still talks about Dorothy all of the time. We will have to come visit soon!

The Johnstun Family said...

Your trip looks like you had a blast. I also went shopping on Black Friday. Except I got no sleep. I drug poor Kalli to Best Buy at 12:30 in the morning just so I could get a dumb computer for a good price of 200 dollars. Well we stayed tell 4:00am and decided to leave finally with no computer. I had to get to other stores. I couldn't wait no longer.Well make sure you call me when you get to Utah.

Heather Capener said...

ANTHROPOLOGIE IN BOISE!!!!
I did some research after reading that comment from Melanie. Drove past today and they are still doing construction, but no doubt about it. Sign was out saying Anthropologie!
Why, why must others feed my addiction. : )

ambercarlson said...

Hey!!! Okay, i just talked to Jamie and we made a reservation for 7PM Friday at White Fence Farms.. We can arrive earlier, there is so much to do for the kids..Let me know if this works for you! Ambs