Sunday, November 18, 2007

The things we are greatful for!

Since Thanksgiving is this week and I am off to Seattle (tomorrow), I thought I would compile my list of things I am most grateful for this year!

1. Family- Everyone always says this, but it is true! I am grateful for my wonderful husband who became a dentist this year and is now in school again... For my wonderful little Dorothy who is always amazing us at how smart she is, and for Preston my little "baby angel" who makes me want a million babies because he is such a sweet little guy! I am also grateful for my parents who are wonderful examples by serving as mission presidents, and for my brothers and sisters who are my best friends. And last for my in-laws who are always willing to help especially with our big move here!

2. Friends- I have so many wonderful friends if I start naming them I will forget someone and therefore hurt someone's feelings. So I will just say I am grateful for those who have known me my whole entire life and still love me. And I am grateful for friends who, although I live far away from most of them, still keep in touch. I mostly just feel blessed to have wonderful friends who build me up and love me in spite of my many weaknesses!

3. Books- I have read so many wonderful books this year it is hard to list them all but I am grateful for the release that reading gives me and for my Mother who instilled within me a great love for reading!

4. Music- Since I just got a piano this year, I have realized how much I missed having one in my home. I don't play very well but enjoy pounding out all of the hymns.

5. My treadmill- I cannot profess to love running. My friend (Heidi) keeps telling me it will come, but I do love the feeling you get as soon as you finish.

6. Peanuts in your bottle of Coke- Since this is a new thing I have discovered, I should just say... Try it and you will understand!

7. Having a yard- I always dreamed of the day I could send the kids outside to play and although our yard is small, at least there is a swing set (thanks Papa)!!

8. Change- I thought when we moved this year my life would end. I have come to realize that when we have challenges like this it helps us grow and become better!

9. My calling- I was called to the 1st counselor in the Young womens presidency. I love this calling and those young women! It has been so fun to try and remember what it was like to be a teenager!

10. Most importantly, My Heavenly Father and Savior- I am grateful for the gospel and for the happiness it brings to me in my life. I am grateful for the Savior and all that he has done in our behalf!


Some of our great family moments this year!



















Going to Nauvoo!


















Family!






Our new little baby!



















James' graduation!!

11 comments:

The Clark Family said...

What a great post. Okay you are making me look really bad, not blogging about veterans day and now you write all the things you are thankful for. Thankfully, I can still copy you and do a thanksgiving post!

Eric & Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ambercarlson said...

Trica! You are so cute! That was so fun to read! But, please explain the peanuts in your coke bottle?? I am so curious now! Ambs

Eric & Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric & Laura said...

Oh Tricia! We are missing you more and more! I love reading your blog...and knowing you are excited to read mine! Isn't it funny the small things we look forward to? As far as Christmas goes, we aren't sure about UT yet. Are you going? We'd love to see you guys too! Let me know what your plans are.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I really loved this post and those pictures were so touching. I too want to know about the peanuts in the Coke. I love the treadmill too. It's so much easier with 2 kids.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

BTW, none of my business but are you still nursing? I think I want to quit but would feel better if I wasn't the only one!

Sarah said...

Tricia- This is Devin's wife, Sarah. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Fun meeting your family through the cyber world. I'd love to see your book list. Sara C. signed me up for goodbooks.com. Let me know if you're on there. It's great.

Sarah said...

goodreads.com, sorry.

Anonymous said...

I think it's hilarious that you put peanuts in your coke. Passengers on the plane do this (especially around Texas) and I'll admit I tried it once. It didn't do it for me (whatever it is). So I'm going to have to secretly think you're weird, like those passengers. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

sara cardon said...

Happy Thanksgiving Tricia!! I especially liked the "year in review" pictures at the end-- even thought there were just a couple, I love seeing how kids change and all of the changes that can come in a year. As an official blogging fan of yours, I'd like to request a year-in-review picture slideshow for 2007.:)