Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hiking up to the Y

I am *trying* to do at least one thing that is fun for the kids every week during Summer vacation.  So I decided to take the kids to hike the Y, now I had not done this hike for about 12 years and totally forgot how HARD it is.  Taking 3 kids and myself a mile up a mountain in the blazing sun = fun for them not for me.  They did enjoy it and actually so did I, but I will not be braving a hike like that without James again:)!  I think I will stick to the movies next time because I would really like to see Kung Fu Panda 2 again.
Preston was the navigator on the way up!

Me and my back pack buddy VJ!

The kids doing a "U" sign on top of they "Y":)

The view was amazing!

We had a little picnic and then hiked down.

We enjoyed looking over the valley the whole way down!

*We are off to the library today to sign up for the Summer reading program, a much less strenuous fun activity if you ask me!*

9 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

Come on Tricia, we know you are secretly and inescapably drawn to the Y. It calls to you and you responded. Nice job, nice job!

Shonna said...

I love that hike! Go Cougs!!!!!And I can't believe that you did it w/ a kid on your back. I'm impressed.

Pal & Hatty said...

What a hike! I don't know you did it with Violet on your back! You will definitely be ready for your race on Saturday!

Stephanie Black said...

You are a brave Mommy! I would never even think to do that with my 2 kids. It's just too much work for me. Guess I'm lazy! You are awesome!

J-Leav said...

You brave, mountain woman!

Shauna said...

What a fun thing to do with the kiddos...does seem like a lot of work though. And carrying Violet the whole way? buff women!

Carina said...

What a fun hike and picnic! You are super mom for doing by yourself, way to go!

sara cardon said...

Surprised the Y didn't light on fire or spontaneously combust when you made it to the top, you being the big Utah fan and all.:) That IS a hard hike. I can't imagine it with kids too.

Elise said...

Great job you are one brave woman. such pretty views from up there love it!