Thursday, August 13, 2009

I almost killed him!!!

It all started two years ago when I got a new sewing machine for my birthday... I was so excited. It was a Singer and exactly what I wanted. A few months later, Preston pushed it off the table and broke it! It was repaired for a price but has never worked quite the same. Then came my Bose sound dock I got for mother's day. He pulled the iPod back and forth in the sound dock until it was completly broken. Once again James came to rescue and had it fixed. Then came my van he opened the back hatch into the garage door and "screech" now I have a big scratch on the back of it. My bike was next, then he pulled all the keys off the laptop and so on! Until yesterday, when I was talking to my Mom about our upcomming trip to New Mexico when I heard a loud boom! Frantically running upstairs I hear a little boy crying and see my mother's day present on the floor. My new TV that James got me (because Dorothy had blown out the speakers on the last one) was shattered! All because Preston was performing gymnastics jumping off my dresser when he knocked it down!! My Mom said after I came back on the phone "it's just stuff" and I have thought about that (since I am busy sitting and thinking without my TV) that if Preston had gotten hurt I would not care about the TV but because he was fine I was FURIOUS!!! Oh, well maybe James will come to the rescue again (hint, hint!)
Sometimes I wonder how someone so cute can cause so much trouble!

I am pretty sure you can't fix that!

After seeing this he said "Oh no! TV" and started crying!

I am actually considering this as his new home!!!

8 comments:

The Staker Family said...

Wow Trisha, maybe you are right, maybe I don't want a boy! lol! I am glad that he wasn't hurt, I am sure I would have been super mad!

Jeff and Krishawn said...

Oh my...Now I thought Dorothy was like Joshua and now I'm starting to reconsider. If it makes you feel any better..we just bought a van a few weeks ago. I bought some groceries and was bringing them in. My wonderful son Johnathan thought he would be helpful and close the garage. The tailgate was still up. Yep! Scratches! Oh well..its just things!

sara cardon said...

NAUGHTY!!!! I can't believe all the destruction your poor stuff has been through!! You make me nervous for my sweet little boy to grow up.:) Sometimes I am shocked at how quickly 2 year olds can absolutely destroy things-- you have to watch them all the time I guess. It's worse than "Lord of the Flies!!"

Stephanie Black said...

Oh goodness! He's quite the kid. He reminds me so much of mine, although its never ended so tragically. Poor TV! I hope you get a new one soon (hint to James). :)

Kathy Rose said...

Oh my heck!! I'm amazed that little boy is still alive. ;) It's a good thing that he is so darn cute!! I'm glad that he wasn't hurt, but I too would be FURIOUS if that had happened to my new TV. Not quite sure that one can be fixed, but good luck.

Joan Morris said...

I bet he'd never do naughty stuff if he wore BYU shirts instead of U of U. ;}
Someday he'll be all grown up and all the naughty stuff will just be memories.

ambercarlson said...

Oh my gosh... I am dying! This is terrible! Sometimes all you can do is laugh... A

Kay Hinton said...

Funny comment, Joan. Maybe that IS the key. I'm so glad it didn't fall on him. Now, THAT would be tragic. I love your mom's response.