Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fall- a season for change

WOW, Colorado is beautiful!! I have always loved fall but I think after not having it for four years we realized today how much we really miss the beautiful colors, smells, and chill you only get during fall! On MSN it rated Colorado as the #1 spot to see fall (James and my sister say they have never seen the Logan canyon!) So we decided to go and see what all the fuss was about. We went to an area outside of Vail and took some pictures to capture the beauty but honestly looking at them I am disappointed because it was amazing!! We then drove to Silverthorne where they have the outlet malls, shopped a little and drove up the mountains to take a fall hike.

James LOVES the outdoors I knew that about him from day one and he has been waiting to get back to where we have mountains so we can hike, camp, fish and enjoy mother nature. We hiked for a few hours and had an amazing view! It was actually really cold up there! There is something about being up so high in the mountains that makes you feel so close to Heavenly Father and as you look at this beautiful earth he created for us.

Dorothy took a few home a few souvenirs (pine cones, sticks--kids love sticks) and we headed back. All of the natives around here kept telling us about the "World's best pizza" so we ate at Beau Jo's for dinner. The pizza was awesome but Dorothy's kids meal-- the best meatballs and spaghetti I have ever had!!

What can I say.... it was an amazing day!!


















I love this picture!!















































The wonder of discovering leaves!

Beautiful!!!!

The human totem pole!

















Hiking up!

The amazing view!

















Dorothy and Mommy on the hike!


Spaghetti face!!

















Our pizza!!

6 comments:

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Those pictures are incredible. I agree that Colorado is gorgeous. I heard you met my friend Amber Carlson. What a small world. You guys would probably have a ball together.

Anonymous said...

I need to explore Colorado someday.

The Clark Family said...

Okay, if you didn't have to be in your beach pictures, you should have taken them! Those are some beautiful pictures! I told Ryan we have to get your camera, there was just no getting around it! I miss the fall and Colorado looks so pretty. I am glad you guys are having a fun time!

Heather Capener said...

Beautiful, I love the fall, by far my favorite time of year. Looks like a good time. Those yellow trees are amazing.
Mrs, you are so skinny!

Jamie said...

Your kids are adorable! And those pics make me want to go to the mountains! Had a blast the other night. I am always up for a GNO and shopping! Maybe next time we should let the hubbies come though!

AcctSuit said...

Yep, Logan canyon definately give Colorado a run for its money!! j/k It's looks gorgeous there and the littles look so cute playing in the leaves. ;)
-Jessica