Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Russian RUN-IN!!

Now out of respect for my parents and the mission they were on I almost did not do this blog. But because trials are apart of everyday life and sometimes it is really fun to laugh about all the crap we go through I decided to post about my run-in with our Russian landlords!!

When we arrived to Denver anxious to get our new life started here and to stop living out of a suitcase, we found "hurricane Natasha" for us to clean!!
Our landlords had left in a hurry?? I hope so because I don't want to think that they are rude and left this place a pit!!
The house was filled with junk, and when I say junk, I mean JUNK!!! They left for us a pee soaked mattress, a pee soaked futon, pee soaked carpet and all the food they did not want!!! When we asked Natasha our landlord about it she said "anything you don't want just throw away." Like it was no big deal!! So we did: we threw away about 25 large garbage bags full of crap!! We also spent a day and a half cleaning this house!!! James and his Dad spent a day and a half fixing up all of the things on Natasha's "honey do" list that were never done! And my wonderful Mother-in-law watched the kids so that I could scrub, sweep, and sanitize this place!!!

Welcome to "junkville!"


















Where did they get this ugly futon??


Who leaves their bathroom like this????




















Look at all the food they left us!! (Most of it was expired.)




















Who leaves this much crap for someone else???

This is what I saw before going in!!


All in all I was as mad as mad could be and after calling them "dirty pigs" for two days, threatening to move every five minutes, and putting our blood, sweat, and tears into this home, I am happy!! Sometimes I think the trials we have help us to appreciate all that we have. I can honestly say I appreciate having a clean home!!!

P.S. Don't worry we charged them a cleaning and trash removal fee that will be deducted from our next month's rent!!!

5 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Okay, when we talked and you told me how bad it was I still didn't visualize this. That is incredible! Have fun in Bear Lake and give me a call when you get a chance!

Heather Capener said...

Yeah, I agree with the clark family, I did not envision that at all. Wow!! just unreal! They must have bought that futon at the same place they bought the ridiculous zebra rug in the garage.
I so wish you were coming to the coast with us!!

Anonymous said...

Let's all hope that they gave you the right key to the right house, and that you didn't just move out somebody else. Ha!

AcctSuit said...

I had NO idea it was that bad!! Who lives like that!?! I'm glad that everything worked out though, and this will be a funny experience to look back on.
--Jessica

Krista said...

tricia,
I would have been sooooo mad. What an unexpected surprise. I'm glad that you could humor us with the photos and hopefully you can look back and laugh soon. I hope you like your new area. It's always crazy making a big move across the country. We did it when we lived in NY for a while.