Thursday, March 5, 2009

Violet's story!


Since this is a journal of sorts I wanted to write the story of Violet's birth. I had my C-section scheduled for January 22nd (Dorothy and Preston were both C-sections) Around 2:00 am Saturday morning January 17th I woke up having contractions. They were too painful to sleep so I and started doing laundry... Wondering if this was more braxton hicks or labor I decided to take a warm bath around 5:00am. The contractions did not go away... I laid down hoping to sleep for a bit and then wake up James and go to the hospital. While trying to dose off I felt a huge gush, thinking my water broke I looked down and saw blood. Well needless to say I started screaming and woke up everyone in the house. 5 min. later the kids were in the car and being dropped off at my friend Maria's house. We made it to the hospital at around 6:00am and I was still in hysterics. I could not get the baby to move so at this point I assumed that I had lost the baby. They hooked me up to the machines and the heart beat was fine. The nurse checked me and my water had broken and I was dilated 2 cm. The on call doctor arrived and they started prepping me for my C-section. At 9:09 am Violet was born. They still are not sure the reasons for all the blood...most likely my placenta had begun to detach but still in the early stages so the baby was not in jeopardy. The C-section went well and I recovered in record time! The hardest part of having this baby was the doctor telling us this needs to be our last. We still are hoping to have one more baby!! We are planning on waiting a few years and getting a second opinion.

1 comment:

Kay Hinton said...

Violet's story is a lot like my Michelle's story . . . same thing, I was scheduled for a c-section and started in labor early, then the placenta separated and they did an emergency c-section. It made us so grateful for good medical care, as I'm sure you are.