Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sick little baby!

Little Violet had a high fever last week and the doctor told us to take her to the ER. After running tests they could not figure out what was wrong, so they admitted her to the NICU. It was baby abuse!! They ran a million blood tests and did X-ray's, a spinal tap and a bunch of respiratory tests!! I cried though them all !! She stayed for four days and finally came home when they figured out it was just a nasty virus! We are so grateful she is home and everything is OK!!!



7 comments:

Eric & Laura said...

We had the same thing happen with Noah. It was awful! I'm so sorry you went through that!

Heather Capener said...

She really does look like a little dickens!

Amber said...

That is so awful, Hopefully is she over the nasty virus and home as healthy as can be. I can't believe all her dark hair!

The Brousseau Family said...

Poor baby! Poor momma i hope your doing ok sounds like you have had a great deal on your plate. I am thinking lots about you and I hope you know that if you ever need anything I am here for you..You have a beautiful family.

Joan Morris said...

I'm so sorry Violet got sick. Having babies in the NICU is no fun at all. As Aunt Cindy says "I'd rather have a bacterial infection anyday, because at least you can treat those". Glad she's doing better.

Jeff and Krishawn said...

I'm so sorry that Violet was sick. I really hope she did not catch the virus from me. I feel terrible thinking that I could have caused her to be in the hospital. I'm sorry!!!

Kathy Rose said...

Oh, how sad. The poor little girl and poor mommy too. It's so hard to see your baby have to go through things like that. I'm glad to hear that she is doing better.