Saturday, June 6, 2009

Look Mom, no training wheels!!!

Today at the bike store, Dorothy kept asking for a 'big girl bike' and James told her that if she could learn to ride her bike without training wheels she could get one. As soon as we got home she got her bike out and made Daddy take off the training wheels. In less than an hour Dorothy was riding her bike up and down the street!!! The little stink still wants Mommy and Daddy to run with her the whole time. But we are so proud of her and can hardly believe it!! She's such a good little biker!!!






Violet watching from the sidelines!

Preston got a little upset Dorothy was getting so much attention
he got his bike out and started riding!

10 comments:

Stephanie Black said...

That's quite impressive. She's grown up so fast. Preston is even more impressive on his big kid bike. I'm thinking after looking at him that I need to upgrade Mackenzie to a big kid bike. I think we are a little behind!

Mo Daddy said...

Oh Tricia, I love how excited you are in that one picture with Dorothy! What a moment to capture!
Lilit

Kay Hinton said...

Way to go, Dorothy! Her determination reminds me of her mother as she was growing up.

Pilar said...

She told me today in primary about her bike achievements and she was very excited!. Preston is a GENIUS, I can't believe he can ride his bike. Cora needs to spend more time with him, so she can learn some of his tricks and be more independent.

Kelly M said...

Way to go Dorothy! I love the sleeping pictures too!

Megan and TJ said...

What big kids! I also love the sleeping pictures...too cute!

The Clark Family said...

That is so cool! Dorothy is doing so well on her bike! I was hoping to teach McKenna over the summer but we will see what happens. Sometimes my intentions are not McKenna's intentions! But that is really such a cool thing for Dorothy. She is growing up so much! And Preston looks so cute on his bike! Ashlyn just sits and goes nowhere, she tries to peddle but it doesn't really work out that well for her. And I love the sleeping pictures, those are so cute. I bet you will do the cutest scrapbooking page with those pics!

Kristen Mackrory said...

What determination! Way to go Dorothy! So, did she get a new bike? :) It looks like you live in a nice neighborhood too. It was fun to see where you are living.

Shonna said...

She's a quick learner. When there's a will, there's a way, right? That's an exciting new moment, how fun!

sara cardon said...

Ahhh, the freedom she now has-- I have such great memories of riding a bike as a kid.:) Violet is such a doll!!